Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bizarre conversations...

I just got off the phone after having one of the oddest conversations I never thought I would ever have! I was pleasant, it was with X, and it went something like this...

ME- "Hey, you have a minute?"
X- "Yea, what's up?"
ME- "The official divorce file is in the mail on its way to you via Certified Mail. It will get there in a few days and you will need to go to the post office to sign for it."
X- "Okay."
ME- "It has to be you that signs for it or else it isn't valid."
X- "Okay."
ME- "Once you do that you have x amount of time to 'answer' it... basically you are just saying that this is mutual, those forms can be found online, printed off, and sent in. Then a hearing is scheduled that I have to go to and that should be it."
X- "Should I just bring them up at Christmas?"
ME- "No, the sooner you get them mailed the sooner everything else can be taken care of."
X- "Oh, ok just let me know where to get those forms."
Blah, blah, blah...
X- "If you get a chance can Ellie call later today?"
ME- "Sure, we will try. Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up."
X- "Thanks."

Ok, so not only was that an odd conversation and one that i never thought I would ever have but it was also really easy and like I was asking him to DRV a show for me... Weird! I guess change is possible!

No comments: