Monday, July 7, 2008

Salt in the wound...

When I checked my email today I saw that there was comment on my alumni page ( I posted about that not too long ago) and I saw who it was from, "A". A friend of mine from college with whom I had a falling out with about X when we started dating. We stopped speaking until I opened my mailbox today.
She said that she wanted to say hi and that Bug was beautiful and she hopes things have been well in my life. I know that we all grow up and move on but I have to say that this split up (X and I) is a hard one and there only a few people I didn't want to know about it... a friend of mine from HS, she didn't like him when them met, and A. I guess I am always afraid of the "I told you so" or "You've made your bed..." that I feel like should be coming my way. Like I deserved it, or that I should have listened, or seen it coming... That I should have known. I guess I am just waiting for that extra salt in the wound. I was waiting for it and I was afraid to see what she wrote. I didn't want to see her still angry with me, or to laugh in my face, or to make me feel like more of an ass than I already do.
But she didn't.
It took me a while to reply... I ended up with something along the lines of... Thank you, it has been a while. Life has had its ups and downs since I last saw you but much better now. Looks like you are established and doing well. And something about not running into her while I was living there. Within a few hours she responded about understanding the ups and downs... her father passed away last year. And to remember that everything happens for a reason.
I have yet to get back to her, I don't know what to say! I know what I want to say... Please, don't laugh at me. I know you are probably thinking to yourself that it serves me right but you just don't know! I will be there in a few weeks for a visit, can we meet and catch up? I know things ended badly between us but there were so many good times before that...
I will probably just tell her that I am sorry for her loss and that yes, everything does happen for a reason.
And maybe, just see where that goes.

3 comments:

Carey said...

Things sometimes just have a way of working out...Life is too short.
:)

Anonymous said...

I really don't think there will be any of "i told you so" or "u deserve it". Atleast not to your face.. But no seriously i don't think so. People grow and well that was so long ago. It will really be cruel for someone to say after all you were married and have a beutiful little girl. Keep your chin up..You are a wonderful person and a FANTASTIC Mom.. Your decisions always amazes me but they seem to be always the right ones.
Rosie

Anonymous said...

I really don't think there will be any of "i told you so" or "u deserve it". Atleast not to your face.. But no seriously i don't think so. People grow and well that was so long ago. It will really be cruel for someone to say after all you were married and have a beutiful little girl. Keep your chin up..You are a wonderful person and a FANTASTIC Mom.. Your decisions always amazes me but they seem to be always the right ones.
Rosie