Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spring is in the air...

I just read an article in the local paper about the Rules of Spring. Well, I was inspired not only because I have been a slacker, or because of the warmer temps, but because everything is in full bloom! Whats not to love about the spring? Ok, allergies and pollen, I'll give you that but that is it!! Anyway, here are some of my own Rules of Spring...

You have the right to...
-take a sick day because you are just sick of being inside!
-leave work early to go to a concert or ball game.
-put those winter coats and clothes away, and then complain about it in two weeks when you need them on one freak day.
-wear flip-flops again (with freshly painted toenails of course)
-lay in the grass and look at the clouds
-sit on the back porch after work and crack open a cold one
-have cook-outs again
-go for a walk
-take a long lunch, outside
-open up your windows
-daydream
-walk barefoot in the grass
-find some Def Leppard on the radio, turn it way up, wind the windows down and sing at the top of your lungs... I did it yesterday at lunch, AWESOME!

Anyway, it is spring and you have the right to enjoy it!!

1 comment:

Carey said...

And don't forget blow bubbles! YEAH!

You know, it never fails, if I put away my winter clothes, that week it gets cold...so I won't do it until summer! HA!