Monday, August 11, 2008

My daughter, the cock-block...

I knew it would happen at some point and I even psyched my self up for it... it will weed out the losers. But it happened for real and not in my head! I went out on a date a week ago with GC. It was almost a blind date, he was a bartender I had been making "eyes" with and I got ballsy. I was going to just five him my number when I payed the check... but with my luck I got chicken-shit and he got busy so I sent my wing-gal up with digits in hand. The hand-off was a success but did you notice there was little to no conversation here... AKA_ I didn't even know his name!!! FFwd a week and a half later and I get a call and after working out some scheduling issues we met up.
Luckily, I remembered him when I saw him, phew! Which is more than I can say for some of the other dates I have had! Anyway, we talk and I find out that he helps design menus for area restaurants using local food, he knows a lot about wine and beer, he is a world traveler, and an artist whom is considering furniture making... In many ways Aiden from Sex and the City... Hhhmm, I can just imagine this fantasy life with Aiden, er, I mean, GC.
Oh, did I mention we went to the same high school? I graduated in 199... and he in 2001, the same year as my brother!! Thats besides the point, I can get past that because he is finishing up his master's degree in another country, one with rolling green hills and across an ocean from here. But that too, that is fine with me! That means no commitment and I am 100% down with that! A summer fling on a tight schedule... that might be just what the doctor ordered!
So over half way through the date (I tried to feel it out) I drop part of my bomb... Bug (I left the whole "D" thing out of it). He seems cool about it but things got a little weird after that. When dinner was over he walked me to my car and I told him I had a really nice time and he said he did too. No kiss, but he said he would call, I don't believe him but thats just my "mother's intuition".

No comments: