Friday, August 22, 2008

A shout out to my college friends...

I want to take a minute to say thank you to all of my buddies from college, especially my sorority sisters. Back in the day I used to say I was learning more "life lessons" than academics during my higher education years. Well, I have to say, in hindsight, I was mostly right but some of the academics did sink in at some point. Back to my point... One very improntant "life lesson" was used jut the other night while assisting Bug during her time of need... the stomach virus. Let me say here that it was a very unfortunate choice of of lunches I packed for her that day, tacos and oranges. Even though she liked it, still not a good sight in rewind!
So, here is where I say thank you to all of you whom I heard praying to the porcelin gods in the community restroom after 10pm on any given weekend (sometimes during the week, too) night. Thank you to all of you I witnessed hanging out a window, over a ledge or rail, or leaning against a tree (or side of a house) heaving all of your insides out. Thank you also to any of you I had to clean up after any of those unfortunate events, like in the inside of my old Nova. I won't mention any names, ok Shitter? ;) Because of all of you and your dedicated efforts I have developed a strong stomach that was able to take having said lunch spewed on me and the bathroom and the ablility to lovingly comfort Bug while cleaning up after her. Thank you, your efforts have not gone unnoticed or unappreciated!
"I can't be hard on you 'cauz you know I've been there too..."
-"Good Intentions" by Toad the Wet Sprocket

No comments: