Friday, December 7, 2007

My First Post...

Hey there!

Well, for starters I guess I should introduce myself. I am 31, single, and mother of a toddler. My husband left me for another woman almost a year ago so we left town, much easier that way. We moved home for a new beginning. New job, new school, new life!

My daughter is two and a drama queen, but then again what toddler isn't! I love her, she is my world and the best thing that came from my marriage (that and a few hard learned lessons). That being said, she puts up with me and my craziness, lucky me. So it looks like we will keep each other! She is headstrong, smart, fiercely independent, and like me in more ways than I want to admit. She is also beautiful, but I will take that one!!

Let me catch you up to speed on my love life... I have started dating again, and not very successfully I might add. My first date was with "Rusty" and well, in hindsight, it was painful! He barely spoke and to top it off he kissed like a dead fish. And I am not just saying that because he was the only other man I kissed in the past nine years, he really did!! I don't think I need to clarify but that was the first and last with him! Then there was the teacher, I met him at a bar, I had a few a drinks, was feeling rather full of myself and gave him my number when he asked. Much better kisser than the last. We saw each other for a few months then with my luck once I really started to like him he stopped calling me. I thought that adults talked about things like that, right? Wrong! I guess dating hasn't changes all that much in the past 10 years. Again hindsight being 20/20 it was a good thing. He was way too single, yes, there is such a thing. I think I may be done licking my wounds from that one now.

So here I am, on the market, again. The only difference is that I have a few more carry-ons now. This will be an interesting journey for my daughter and I. There are no instruction manuals or guidelines. Heck, I seem to be the only one in my 'situation' that I know of so it makes it even a little lonely sometimes. But hey, we will get there!

No comments: