Monday, February 4, 2008

What a weekend...

For starters...

Let me follow up on T. As you know I wasn't all that romantically interested in him. Great guy, just not for me. Anyway, late on Friday night (I was in a migraine induced coma) around 1:30 I got a text... Damn those things... about being friends and he thought that was mutual and still wants to chat blah, blah, blah...
Way to go him for having the courage to do that (at 1 am on a Friday night, liquid courage maybe?). I called him back on Saturday afternoon to tell him I agreed and I understand (there was probably a sense of relief in my voice) and if he wants to give me a buzz, cool! If not, I understand. Oh, by the way, this was all to his answering machine, go figure. And I still haven't heard back... crazy, huh?
Just for the record... When I canceled our last date I really was sick!! I swear, I am talking sweat pants, drugs, soup, extra pillows and all... looks like karma threw in an extra sinus infection as a bonus for not being open a few weeks ago!

Mama Bear on the prowl...

So Saturday afternoon Bug and I were running errands and our last stop was the mall. After lunch and as a treat (here is another gorilla... and to tire her out) we went to Tot Town. And FYI... No hot dads this time. Bug was running around all crazy and followed some other kids under the bridge of the slide and one little boy (I will be the adult and refrain from name calling) pushed her and said no. Dejected, she tried again and this time he pushed her again and said "NO!" She then looked at me a with those puppy dog eyes as to say, "Mommy, help" and it was all the Mama Bear in me could do not to tell her to pop him in the face, shove him aside, and look him in the face and say, "YES!" then go over and give her a high five. But instead, I sat there and mouthed to her to go find something else to play with. She stood up and slid down the slide a few times and by that time she was giggling again... Me, I wanted to find that brat's parents and give them a lesson on manners but again I embraced to Mama Bear inside and laughed along with her.

Super Bowl Sunday...

Let me start by saying when I reference the Big Game I only mean it to be a certain day , I could really give a flip about the game. Anyway Bug and I ventured up the road and through the woods, around the creek, over the train tracks...Seriously, to BFE to a friends house for a party. We were all soon to realize that even thought the party started at 3:30 it wasn't all that long ago that we would start at the same time so that we could drink and not be hung over for work the next day. These days it is a different story... now we start early because of toddler bedtimes and nap schedules! So much for getting older!
Bug and I really did have a great time but I have to say the funniest thing in the evening was a toss up... 1) When the hostess was being mauled by life sized Sesame Street characters thanks to both of our daughters or... 2) As I was elaborating on Bugs fascination with her vagina and how she was getting the powder from "down there" then eating with the same hand I said, "Bug we have to wash our hands after playing with our vaginas, OK?" Apparently there was a silence in the room just as I said that and one of the fathers says, "I have a feeling I missed a key part in that conversation!" Yes, my face turned beet red but we all got a bunch of good laughs!!

1 comment:

Carey said...

Yes, I live in BFE, but I warned you! I knew I would make the blog, YES! I especially liked when bug zapped me in the head with the magnets, it was almost like she was a doctor giving me the paddles!LOL!
Glad you had fun!